Wednesday 2 July 2014

Batiste VS Pro:voke Dry Shampoo for platinum blonde hair

PRO:VOKE VS Batiste dry shampoo (C) Sophie Sandstorm - All Rights Reserved
I usually wash my hair everyday, mostly because I go to the gym and afterwards I just need to wash my head to get my hair back to their place! I haven't used dry shampoos that much before and never for my blonde hair so I didn't know what to expect from these shampoos!

PRO:VOKE VS Batiste dry shampoo (C) Sophie Sandstorm - All Rights Reserved
Here is my lovely ashy roots and my blonde hair, as you can see I didn't wash my hair in the morning so I felt I needed to do something about them!

Batiste dry shampoo (C) Sophie Sandstorm - All Rights Reserved
Batiste dry shampoo is loved by many and is the market leader in the dry shampoo sector. I had tried batiste dry shampoo before when I was still a redhead, but didn't like the product too much, most likely because it gives you little bit of light colour on the roots. So I wasn't too excited to use the product and actually bought it to my gf and not for myself - but eventually I used it all by myself!

The Batiste dry shampoo clean & classic original has a subtle smell - I don't say it smells amazing, but its quite nice for a person who usually cannot have any strong smells around. When spraying to the hair it first looks like you have poured flour to your head, but after you have waited for a while and brushed it a little bit the hair starts to look fresh and has a nice volume to it. It's not grainy as the Pro:voke dry shampoo, just gives you some white colour on the roots. Only bad things to say about this product is that it cannot be used for dark hair and the bottle doesn't last too long.

The best thing what I have to say about this product is that it's amazing the morning after! Seriously do not wash your hair in the evening, put it up to a bun and the next morning you will wake up with soft waves with volume! 

Batiste dry shampoo (C) Sophie Sandstorm - All Rights Reserved

+THE GOOD about batiste 
-Gives more volume to the hair
-Gives lighter colour to the roots
-Your hair looks more clean
-The next morning your hair will still have volume and even better than the day before!
- Smell is better than Provoke (still not the best but okay)

-THE BAD about batiste 
-Cannot be used for brown, dark brown or black hair!
-The bottle lasts just couple of 'shampoo' times

DEFINITELY THE MARKET LEADER!

PRO:VOKE dry shampoo (C) Sophie Sandstorm - All Rights Reserved
I had really high hopes for Pro:voke dry shampoo as it was specially developed for 'blonde, grey and white hair' so I thought it to be perfect for my dark ashy roots, but I was mostly wrong. The dry shampoo gave some white coverage what I hoped for, but did not do really anything else. It didn't give any volume to the hair nor the hair looked any cleaner than before. The most annoying thing about the product was that it left my face and hair with small white grains which where hard to get off. See the picture above. Also the thing what made me throw this product away was the smell - it was very strong and reminded me off how my hair smell when I bleach it - not good.

I have to say that I was very disappointed as I liked Pro:voke's silver shampoo so much and was expecting an amazing product (read review).

PRO:VOKE dry shampoo (C) Sophie Sandstorm - All Rights Reserved

+THE GOOD about Provoke dry shampoo
-makes your hair & roots look whiter

-THE BAD about Provoke dry shampoo
-very strong smell
-leaves your hair very 'sandy' feeling
-leaves your clothes & face white with grades
-doesn't make hair more clean looking
-doesn't add any volume

Do you use dry shampoo? What is your favourite dry shampoo brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment